Unique Hybrid Modular Amplification System, designed to provide unparalleled sound quality, cost no object. It offers the naturalness and liquidity of Single-Ended, Direct-Heated 2A3 or 300B triodes, combined with explosively dynamic, high-current IGBT power output stages, capable of driving even the most difficult speakers with ease.
The HAS-MR amplification system is an all-hand-made boutique, designed for the most enthusiastic audiophiles who cannot settle for anything else but the absolute best.
The HAS-MR is not to be confused with a tube preamplifier driving two solid-state monoblocks. Every power amplifier has a voltage gain stage, in order to amplify the small signal coming from the preamplifier or any source, and a power current stage so it can drive the speakers. The HAS-MR Control Unit provides all the voltage gain using 6SN7 driver and 2A3 or 300B output tubes, while the two Power Units provide the ample current needed to drive the speakers, and have no voltage gain. In other words, the HAS-MR system is a Unique Modular Hybrid Integrated Power Amplifier in a class of its very own.
Please see Features for more details.
- Attenuator control module with precision 0.75dB step and level memory for each input.
- Class A tube gain stage with 6SN7 driver and 2A3 or 300B tubes.
- Pure resistive load for the output tubes, resulting in the most linear operation.
- Accepts 2A3 or 300B tubes replacement automatically.
- Only two tube gain stages per channel.
- Zero Negative Feedback.
- One coupling capacitor on the signal path per channel, using a hand-made Duelund CAST-Cu.
- One custom Lundahl interstage coupling audio transformer per channel.
- Non-magnetic resistors.
- High grade, specially selected rectifiers and passive components.
- Completely separated dual-mono design, both signal and power supply paths.
- Solid Oxygen Free Copper for signal and power supply internal wiring.
- No mechanical switching devices on the signal path or power supply lines.
- Choke loaded power supply using high quality Lundahl inductors.
- Delayed High-Voltage power for increased tube life.
- No power transformers near the tubes.
- Paralleled current conversion power modules featuring special IGBT devices.
- 400W at 4 Ohms with 52 Amperes available current per channel.
- Balanced operation.
- No voltage gain.
- Zero Negative Feedback.
- Custom hand-made power transformers.
- Custom hand-made power inductors.
- Ultra fast rectifiers.
- 490,000uF capacitor filter bank per channel.
- Solid Oxygen Free Copper internal wiring.
- Non-magnetic resistors on the signal path.
- No capacitors on the signal path.
- No mechanical switching devices on the signal path.
- Intelligent microprocessor controlled protection circuit.
- Includes the power transformers for the Control Unit tube power supply for each channel.
- Soft start.
Convenience and mechanical
- Large FLD display for the Control Unit with custom selectable colors Rose, Blue or Green. Please specify when ordering.
- Multi color LED indicator for the Power Units.
- Master and Slave microprocessor control with last settings memory.
- Average temperature display for the power devices heat sinks.
- Infrared Remote Control capable of controlling DSD-MR and DTR-MR as well.
- All-Aluminum precision machined enclosures.
- Three umbilical cords per channel for signal, power and control lines.
2-years warranty/6-months for the tubes with an available 3-year warranty extension, with an online product registration, excluding the tubes
Analog Inputs and Outputs for Control Unit
- Three Single Ended RCA inputs with top line Furutech connectors.
- One Balanced input with top line Furutech XLR connectors.
- Input impedance 12,000 Ohms.
- Input sensitivity – 1.2V RMS to full rated power output.
- Balanced 5-pin signal output for connecting the Power Units.
Analog Inputs and Outputs for Power Units
- Balanced 5-pin signal input for connecting to the Control Unit.
- Signal and control outputs for connecting additional Upgrade Power Unit.
- Two pairs speaker outputs for bi-wiring with top line Furutech connectors.
- Output power rating – 400W at 4 Ohms per channel.
- Available output current before clipping – 52 Amperes per channel.
Amplification System expansion
- Capable of adding one more Upgrade Power Unit per channel.
- Note! Upgrade Power Units do not contain power supply for the tubes.
- Intelligent Microprocessor controlled speaker and system protection.
- Power supply, temperature and speaker outputs monitoring.
- Special mechanical-contacts-free power signal switching devices.
Power input and fuses
- IEC power inlets made by Furutech NCF series for Power Units.
- IEC power inlet with integrated switch and fuse for Control Unit.
- Note! Control Unit does not require a high-grade power cable.
- 120V or 230V / 50-60Hz, factory pre-set.
- Note! Other power input voltages available on request.
- 2A and 5A special Gold fuses by AMR for the Power Units.
- 0.1A fuse for Control Unit.
- 7-pin connectors for tube power between PU and CU for each channel.
Dimensions and weight Control Unit
- W435 x H130 x D360 millimeters.
- Front panel width – 450 millimeters.
- Height with feet – 160 millimeters.
- 19kg unpacked.
Dimensions and weight Power Units
- W450 x H130 x D410 millimeters
- Height with feet – 160 millimeters
- 40kg each, unpacked
Included Accessories and tubes
- Emission Labs 2A3 Mesh plate tubes pair.
- Sylvania NOS 7N7 tubes pair with Octal adapters.
- S-Video 4-pin cables pair for control.
- Handmade 7-pin cables pair for power between PU and CU.
- Handmade 5-pin cables pair for signal between CU and PU.
- Note! 5-pin and 7-pin signal/power cables maximum 1.5 meters.
- Infrared Remote capable of controlling DSD-MR and DTR-MR as well.
- Two Special power cables of our design for Power Units.
- One computer-grade power cable for Control Unit.
- User Manuals.