The DSD-SR is APL Hi-Fi’s Digital to Analog converter, specifically made for those enthusiastic audiophiles who search for a no compromise digital audio reproduction offered by an all-solid-state DAC design.
It is an all-hand-made boutique, designed and built with the best possible audio quality in mind for its price-range.
Just like the DSD-MR reference converter, the DSD-SR is inspired by vinyl sound quality, and it provides a comparable rich and spacious sonic character.
From the double DSD processing rate, to the MOSFET Class A output stage, the DSD-SR offers a high level of technology advancement and refinement.
The DSD-SR is based on a modular design, allowing a cost-effective future upgradability of any internal stage.
- Proprietary asynchronous USB input module accepting DSD64 and DSD128, as well as PCM rates up to 384kHz/32bit.
- Proprietary PCM to DSD converter module with DSD64 and DSD128 capabilities, user selectable from the remote.
- S/PDIF digital input module accepting up to 192kHz/24bit PCM.
- All PCM rates from USB and S/PDIF sources are processed to DSD domain, prior to D/A conversion.
- Pure DSD Digital to Analog conversion module.
- Paralleled Flagship DAC devices working in DSD only and a special mode we have developed, resulting in much improved audio quality.
- Ultra-low-jitter Femto Master Clocks.
- Proprietary DTR input intended for connecting our DTR-MR digital audio transport.
Analog Output Stage
- Pure Class A, unity-gain Single Ended MOSFET output stage.
- Unique Hybrid-Attenuator offering a lossless volume control with 0.5dB step, negating the need of a preamplifier, wherever possible.
- Passive DSD analog filtering and interstage coupling, featuring custom Lundahl audio transformers.
- Zero Negative Feedback design for the MOSFET output stage.
- No capacitors on the signal path.
- No mechanical contacts, relays or switches on the signal path.
- Solid core Oxygen Free Copper internal signal wiring.
- Oversized Custom P-Core balanced main power transformer.
- Optically controlled, mechanical-contacts-free devices for main power switching control.
- Delayed start for proper warm-up.
- High grade, specially selected rectifiers and passive components.
- Solid Copper wiring for power supply.
Convenience and mechanical
- FLD display with custom selectable Rose, Blue or Green colors. Please specify when ordering.
- Microprocessor control memorizing last settings, including volume level for each input.
- Infrared Remote milled from solid Aluminum blocks.
- All-Aluminum, precision machined enclosure.
- 2-years warranty with an available 3-year warranty extension, with an online product registration. Please visit http://aplhifi.com/register/
- Two S/PDIF Coaxial digital inputs with WBT RCA connectors.
- AES/EBU professional standard balanced digital input.
- Note! S/PDIF, AES/EBU and Optical accepting up to 192kHz/24bit PCM.
- USB input accepting up to 384kHz/32bit PCM, as well as DSD64 and DSD128.
- All PCM rates from S/PDIF, AES, Optical and USB are converted to DSD64 or DSD128, user selectable from the remote.
- Proprietary DTR input connection with our DTR-MR digital transport.
- Single Ended RCA outputs with WBT RCA connectors.
- Output level – 2.1V RMS at 0dBFS.
- Output impedance – approximately 15 Ohms.
Power input and fuses
- IEC power inlet made by Furutech.
- 120V or 230V / 50-60Hz, factory pre-set.
- Other power input voltages available on request.
- 0.1A fuse for standby power.
- 1A special Gold fuse by AMR for main power.
Dimensions and weight
- W435 x H80 x D280 millimeters.
- Front panel width – 450 millimeters.
- Height with feet – 110 millimeters.
- 12kg unpacked.
- Special power cable of our design.
- Infrared Remote Control machined from solid aluminum.
- User Manual.