The DSD-AR is the new most affordable junior member of our digital products family. Just like its bigger brothers, the DSD-AR is specifically made for those enthusiastic audiophiles who search for a natural and analogue-like digital audio reproduction offered by an all-solid-state DAC design.
It is an all-hand-made boutique, designed and built with the best possible audio quality in mind for its price-range.
From the quadruple DSD processing rate, to the transformer-coupled Class-A output stage, the DSD-AR offers a high level of technology advancement and refinement.
The DSD-AR offers a unique sound quality which is in line with our “house sound”. We are certain that many audiophiles will fall in love with it, especially given the price-performance ratio.
- Proprietary asynchronous USB input module accepting PCM rates up to 384kHz/32bit and up to DSD256.
- Proprietary PCM to DSD modulator with DSD128 and DSD256 capabilities, user selectable from the remote.
- S/PDIF digital input accepting up to 192kHz/24bit PCM.
- All PCM rates from the digital sources are converted to DSD, prior to D/A conversion.
- Pure DSD Digital to Analog conversion.
- One per channel, used in Mono mode, Flagship DAC devices working in DSD only and Class-A output mode we have developed.
- Attenuator control offering a non-decimating volume control with a 0.5dB step.
- Ultra-low-jitter Femto Master Clocks.
- Class-A, transformer-coupled output featuring special Lundahl audio transformers with amorphous core.
- Zero Negative Feedback design output stage.
- No Op Amps on the signal path.
- No mechanical relays or switches on the signal path.
- Custom-made C-Core power transformer by Lundahl in Sweden.
- High grade, specially selected Schottky rectifiers and passive components.
- Solid core Copper wiring.
- OLED display.
- Microprocessor control memorizing last settings..
- Infrared Remote milled from solid aluminum blocks.
- All-aluminum, precision machined enclosure offered in Silver or Black.
- 2-years warranty with an available 3-year warranty extension, with an online product registration.
Please visit https://aplhifi.com/regis
- S/PDIF Coaxial digital input.
- AES/EBU professional standard balanced digital input.
- Note! S/PDIF and AES/EBU accepting up to 192kHz/24bit PCM.
- USB input accepting up to 384kHz/32bit PCM, up to DSD128 in DoP format and up to DSD256 in NativeDSD format.
- Note! Both 44.1kHz and 48kHz base frequencies are supported for DSD.
- Single Ended RCA outputs. Output level 2.4V RMS.
- XLR outputs. Output level 1.2V + 1.2V RMS.
- Note! XLR and RCA outputs cannot be used simultaneously. Please select desired output from the switch on the back.
- Output impedance – approximately 200 Ohms, resistor limited.
- IEC power inlet with integrated fuse.
- 0.5A special ceramic fuse.
- 120V or 230V / 50-60Hz, factory pre-set.
- Other power input voltages available on request.
- W432 x H80 x D260 millimeters.
- 4.6kg unpacked.
- Infrared Remote Control.
- User Manual.
- Certificate of Authenticity.
- Power cable.